I usually do not make resolutions because that seems like you are trying to give up something instead of gaining something. I would prefer to call them goals that way they can be a list of possible accomplishments instead of potential failures. For 2012, I decided to record my goals for the New Year and then I can evaluate whether I succeed or not.
- Obtain my MCITP: SQL Server Developer certification. I have to pass both exams (70-433 and 70-451).
- Start preparing for SQL MCM Exams.
- Read a SQL Server book every two months for a total of six books.
- Read a professional development book every two months for a total of six book.
- Attend the SQLskills Immersion Week 2 training in March.
- Blog at least once week.
- Explore ways I can help educate some of the developers on how to use new features of SQL Server rather it be hosting a class or lunch and learn.
- Attend a user group meeting or SQL Saturday each quarter.
- Run my first 10K.
- Run my first half-marathon.
- Finish reading the Bible through in a year. I am currently half way done considering I started in July.
- Read at least one book for personal enrichment or just plain fun each month for a total of twelve in 2012.
- Finish losing weight by getting down into the 150 lbs range. Last year I went from 252 lbs to 182 lbs.