I passed the 70-457 Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 1 today. Next I will be attempting the 70-458, as I study I’ll put my notes and links to relevant materials here. I hope to take and pass the exam by the end of March 2014.
Here is a list of resources that I will be using to prepare for this exam:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- MCM Videos
- Links to BOL content for 70-463
- Microsoft Integration Services “How do I ?” Videos
Here is were you can get the listed objectives for the exam taken from Microsoft. I am going to break the blog post up into a post for each objective to make it easier to follow and see notes.
- Objective 1 – Manage Data
- Objective 2 – Implement Security
- Objective 3 – Implement high availability
- Objective 4 – Design and implement a data warehouse
- Objective 5 – Extract and transform data
- Objective 6 – Load data
- Objective 7 – Configure and deploy SSIS solutions
- Objective 8 – Build data Quality solutions
She also tinkered with databases in middle school to keep her baseball card collection organized.
Her passion outside of SQL Server is volunteering with foster children as their advocate in court through http://www.casaforchildren.org.
Latest posts by Tracy Boggiano (see all)
- Uploading New R Library Packages - May 23, 2017
- Monitoring Availability Groups Part 2 – SQL Agent Alerts - May 10, 2017
- T-SQL Tuesday #90 – Shipping Database Changes - May 9, 2017