I passed the 70-457 Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 1 today. Next I will be attempting the 70-458, as I study I’ll put my notes and links to relevant materials here. I hope to take and pass the exam by the end of March 2014.
Here is a list of resources that I will be using to prepare for this exam:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- MCM Videos
- Links to BOL content for 70-463
- Microsoft Integration Services “How do I ?” Videos
Here is were you can get the listed objectives for the exam taken from Microsoft. I am going to break the blog post up into a post for each objective to make it easier to follow and see notes.
- Objective 1 – Manage Data
- Objective 2 – Implement Security
- Objective 3 – Implement high availability
- Objective 4 – Design and implement a data warehouse
- Objective 5 – Extract and transform data
- Objective 6 – Load data
- Objective 7 – Configure and deploy SSIS solutions
- Objective 8 – Build data Quality solutions
She also tinkered with databases in middle school to keep her sports card collection organized.
Tracy has volunteered through the NC Guardian ad Litem program since 2003 advocating for abused and neglected foster children in court.This is her passion outside of SQL Server and favorite job.More information about this program in North Carolina can be found at http://volunteerforgal.org or the national organization CASA at http://www.casaforchildren.org.
Latest posts by Tracy Boggiano (see all)
- Monitoring Availability Groups Part 3 – Extended Events - July 11, 2017
- First Time Advise for Attendees of SQLSaturday or Other Pass Events - July 2, 2017
- How to Install SQL Server PowerShell 2017 Remotely to Your Servers - June 27, 2017