I passed the 70-457 Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 1 today. Next I will be attempting the 70-458, as I study I’ll put my notes and links to relevant materials here. I hope to take and pass the exam by the end of March 2014.
Here is a list of resources that I will be using to prepare for this exam:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- MCM Videos
- Links to BOL content for 70-463
- Microsoft Integration Services “How do I ?” Videos
Here is were you can get the listed objectives for the exam taken from Microsoft. I am going to break the blog post up into a post for each objective to make it easier to follow and see notes.
- Objective 1 – Manage Data
- Objective 2 – Implement Security
- Objective 3 – Implement high availability
- Objective 4 – Design and implement a data warehouse
- Objective 5 – Extract and transform data
- Objective 6 – Load data
- Objective 7 – Configure and deploy SSIS solutions
- Objective 8 – Build data Quality solutions